disassembler questions

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Wed Mar 21 22:59:05 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gonyou, Jeremy (.)" <jgonyou at ford.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 8:08 AM
Subject: RE: disassembler questions

> Sounds like it is dumping it on the screen?  How about "dhc11 31t
> -input=31t.bin >> 31t.dis"
>
> Jeremy
Thanks, this worked. Sort of after a fashion. I think I've got somthing else
wrong first. Your command string created the .dis file and put the
disassembly inside. If I run it with any switches, and only one ">", it will
overwrite the file in the .dis file. Run with ">>" for the 2nd or 3rd time
and it just "adds" on to what the first time did. Have 3 disassemblys lined
up, one after the other. I think I don't have a proper control file and that
is causing the problems. I'm not starting out right, so I don't get quite
the right results. The only way it will write to the file is with ">"
instead of "-ov". If I put the "-ov" in it will dump to the screen. Could
this be caused by the improper .ctl file? In Peter's tutorial, he shows
creating a control file. The light on my CSH is blindingly brilliant, but I
haven't discovered how to create this file.
Any suggestions? Mark