16132792 ECM

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Mar 22 06:50:22 GMT 2001

Bob Wooten wrote:

> for curiosity sake what are ECM's going for?  I got them for $28.95 each
> plus a $6.00 core charge (yea they charge a core charge for about every
> thing there).

At one chain of yards around here, they used to be $25 + $5.  Then they
dropped to $19.99 + $5.  Now they are $22.99 + $5.

> also what I found interesting is that most of the cars there
> had the ECM's taken out.  for a long time the things to take were the in
> tank fuel pumps but they are all still there, it is the ECM's that are all
> gone.  I mean @ least 50% of them were gone.

Only 50% ?  Around here, perhaps 99% of the P4 and later C3 ECMs
eventually disappear.  I think they also disappear in batches - one week
there might be quite a few '730's, the next week they are all gone.  One
month there will be lots of ECMs everywhere, the next month hardly any.
I think an ECM rebuilder/reconditioner gets their fresh cores this way.
Similarly, the used tire dealers also shop the junk yards.

PS to admin: What is a ferencow, as in ferencow.com?