What ECM should I use for my Mopar 440 conversion project?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Mar 22 06:50:06 GMT 2001

Brian Roth wrote:

> Do you know to
> what all the body type letters refer? I think S is for S-10's but what are
> the rest for. Which letter is for Astro Vans?

There are two types of letter codes: engine codes, and body codes.  Both
appear in the VIN.  The engine code is the 8th digit, the body code
appears earlier (4th?).

The xref is mostly based on the engine code - a body code is only shown
if that is needed to select between multiple possibilities.

> The site showed the 7747 to be
> in truck 4.3's with various letter designations. It did not state that it
> was in vans. Is the Astro considered to be a truck for this purpose?

Vans are considered trucks.

PS to admin: What is a ferencow, as in ferencow.com?