16132792 ECM

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Mar 22 18:45:34 GMT 2001

I need to add this to the FAQ.  I can explain the process using
netscape, and the command line FTP program.  Someone else will have to
explain how to use explorer.

NETSCAPE
Enter this into the Location field of netscape:
ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/
On the netscape File menu, select "upload file".
You'll get a dialog box where you can browse to the location (on your
computer) where the file is that you want to upload.  Doubleclick it.
That's it.

CMD line ftp
------------
Open an MSDOS/CMD window.
cd to the directory on your computer to where the file to be uploaded
is.
type "ftp ftp.diy-efi.org"
For username enter "anonymous"
For password enter your email address
when you are logged in,
type "cd incoming"
type "bin"
type "put xyz" where xyz is the name of the file to upload

Like this:
C:\>ftp ftp.diy-efi.org
Connected to www.diy-efi.org.
220 ProFTPD 1.2.0pre10 Server (ProFTPD) [hektor.valesh.com]
User (www.diy-efi.org:(none)): anonymous
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230-Welcome, the DIY-EFI FTP archive user anonymous at ns2.arm.com !
230-
230-The local time is: Thu Mar 22 10:46:06 2001
230-
230-If have any unusual problems, please report them via e-mail to
<root at hektor.valesh.com>.
230-
230-When uploading files, please send a note to the diy_efi list that
contains
230-BOTH the name of the file and a short description.  That way it can
be
230-retrieved from the archive by searching for the file name.
230-
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
ftp> cd incoming
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> bin
200 Type set to I.
ftp> put testfile
testfile: File not found
ftp>

--steve

Bob Wooten wrote:

> I know that this is a bit off topic, but how do I put it there?  I tried a
> bunch of different things but cant seem to finger it out.  if I am doing
> something in word I can just do a "save as" & put it there, but how do I do
> it with a Bin?  I tried windows explorer but could not make it happen.
>
> sorry for the ineptness.
>
> Bob Wooten

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com