2 bar ECM again/still (HELP)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Mar 30 02:18:18 GMT 2001

Grasshopper... ; )

The 749 is definitely used in 3 applications sold in the US.

1) 4 cylinder Sunbird and Grand Am, w/ manual and auto trans.  Early Sunbird turbos
used a different ecm.
2) 6 cylinder Syclone/Typhoon.  Specialty truck.  If you find one in a junk yard,
_Immediately_ notify me.  I'll instruct you on what to do next.
3) 4 cylinder 2.3L Quad 4 equipped N body cars (Olds Cutlass Calais, Pontiac Grand
Am) with auto trans.

All of these applications are speed density systems.  None are MAF based systems.
The question "... has anyone stuck the Sy/Ty code into the 730?  does it work, or
are there obstacles to big to
 overcome?" has been answered with a resounding "Yes!"

One thread which discusses this is "Turbo Project update. The good, bad and ugly."
You may not have been on the list in late January, so you may have missed it.
Here's the first paragraph from the first message in the thread:

> Hello Group,
>      Just an update on my progress to date with my turbo project. Background
> info: 350 chevy motor out of '74 van, two T3 turbos, TPI intake, Syty
> software running on 730, intercoolers added two weeks ago.

HTH.
Shannen