4 cylinder EFI

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Mar 30 05:33:06 GMT 2001

Sean R. Funk wrote:

> Just a quick question, this may be a little off topic.
>
> Has anyone out there swapped a GM 4 cylinder EFI setup onto another model of
> 4 cylinder?
Yes, there's stories in the DIY-EFI digest archives.

 Are there ways to transplant everything, including the ECU, and
> disable some functions of the prom, such as any transmission control, etc?

Yes.  Most times, the trans control is minimal.
> Looking more for a speed density than a maf setup, not sure if there were
> many 4 cylinders like that.
Most are like that.

> The other question woul dbe this. Would I be able to modify the factory EFI
> to support multiple EFI throttle bodies? Per chance I find somewhat small
> tb's on a car, and adapted it as a itb efi, could the ecu handle that?
The early crossfire setups had 2 throttle bodies with injectors.  These work well
with other tbi ecm's.  Many 4 cyl cars use 4 port injectors.
Shannen