4 cylinder EFI

Sean R. Funk sss510 at pl510.com
Fri Mar 30 05:22:33 GMT 2001

Just a quick question, this may be a little off topic.

Has anyone out there swapped a GM 4 cylinder EFI setup onto another model of
4 cylinder? Are there ways to transplant everything, including the ECU, and
disable some functions of the prom, such as any transmission control, etc?
Looking more for a speed density than a maf setup, not sure if there were
many 4 cylinders like that.

The other question woul dbe this. Would I be able to modify the factory EFI
to support multiple EFI throttle bodies? Per chance I find somewhat small
tb's on a car, and adapted it as a itb efi, could the ecu handle that?

Just curious.. don't have much time to check the JY right now, so I figure
I'd ask before I gave it any more thought. Seems like a pretty cool junkyard
swap if you have the time to tune it correctly.

TIA,

Sean Funk
Newberg, OR USA
www.pl510.com