EST Distributor

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 05:32:57 GMT 2001

I am not trying to group ALL of the part guys into one bin, it is just that
there are more that only know what the book tells them & can not find the
hood latch, than the other way around.  It is especially bad here in
California where it is extremely hard to keep your doors open when the cost
of doing business is SOOOO high.  the solution is to hire cheap labor.  you
hire 5 guys @ $5/hour & 1 guy @ $10/hour.  the 5 guys make you money & the 1
guy does the hard jobs & tries to keep the customers coming back when they
have a problem with one of the 5.

for example, I needed a Ported vacuum switch for my TR this weekend.  the
parts guy could not find ANY, there are 3 on my car & he could not find any.
I told him that I wanted to talk with someone else.  the someone else found
me one right away.  I went down there & bang there it was.  2 port ported
vacuum switch (the other 2 were 3 port).  I did not take the original one
with me as I broke my PVS socket & was going to get one while I was out (BAD
mistake).  so I get it home & what do you know, it is the wrong one as well.
is this a case of a incompetent parts guy or a bad reference.  I don't know
that but @ least he did know what I wanted & where to find it.  it sure did
not make me any happier when I got the broken one out & found it to be
bigger than the "new one" needless to say, the car does not have it right
now & I have a plug in the water jacket, but I will find out tomorrow when I
go visit them again.

Sorry to go so far off subject.  know that I spent 5 years in college
working @ an auto parts store cause the hours worked for me & I had people
follow me from store to store to get MY service, parts is parts around here
& the prices are all about the same, you shop for service.

BW

Oh yea, thank you for the on topic information :)