2 bar ECM again/still (HELP)

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Mar 30 08:10:49 GMT 2001

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> There's "magical mystery parts" missing from inside the ecm to control wastegate
> function.

The 730 has a full set of quad driver chips.  The 749 is one short.

The 749 has lots of extra circuitry to run a second P&H injector output.
The 730 is missing this (that's what goes in all the unpopulated PCB space).

As a result of the 2nd P&H circuit, the 749 gains an extra EST-like
signal input that the 730 doesn't have.  I don't think it is used for anything.

The wastegate is just a plain quad driver output - it shouldn't be
"lost" when using a 730 with the 749 code.