2 bar ECM again/still (HELP)

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Fri Mar 30 13:02:53 GMT 2001

> The 730 has a full set of quad driver chips.  The 749 is one short.
>
> The 749 has lots of extra circuitry to run a second P&H injector output.
> The 730 is missing this (that's what goes in all the unpopulated PCB
space).

> As a result of the 2nd P&H circuit, the 749 gains an extra EST-like
> signal input that the 730 doesn't have.  I don't think it is used for
anything.

> The wastegate is just a plain quad driver output - it shouldn't be
> "lost" when using a 730 with the 749 code.
>
> --
> Ludis Langens                               ludis (at) cruzers (dot) com
> Mac, Fiero, & engine controller goodies:  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/

If somebody was having major drama's getting a 749 could a 730 be converted
using donor parts off another ECM?, that extra I.C, is that another
16079435?, those things seem to be used everywhere.
Add the (many) passives, INJ FET and that's it? yes/no?
I guess you would have to be pretty enthusiastic!!.

Ross Myers