Programmers and emulators

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 1 02:17:19 GMT 2001

I checked that one out @ their site & it seems pretty limited/old
technology.  this is a quote from their site

"To use a Pentium computer you with the PRO-SERIES EPROM EMULATOR or EEPROM
PROGRAMMER you may need to change your I/O configuration BIOS setup. What
you want to do is select the Parallel Port Mode option which allows your
parallel port to perform as an AT or XT parallel port. If this does not
work, you will need an old XT/AT type Parallel port card. These products
need real time access to the Pentium CPU and must use an XT/AT type I/O
card"

.....  cant do that on the laptop so....... thinking that there are bound to
be better ones out there.  we are using a PIC emulator @ work & I am going
to go & talk with the EE that is using it & see what his feelings are.  I
guess he has used a number of them, well see.

BW