Programmers and emulators

Edward J. Malkiewicz krazyed at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 1 02:28:20 GMT 2001

> It seems my Pocket Programmer has bit the big one. So I am looking at replacements. Has anyone had a PP last for very long, I can pay the $55 to have this one fixed but if the life span of these units is a little more than a year, then I'd rather belly-up to the bar and spring for a better programmer. I spent a couple of hours last night browsing over my options, I'm liking the EMP-10, as I don't need a super-duper universal programmer than can support 7000 devices.

   I got my PP about a year and a half ago. My daughter plugged in the
wrong power supply to it, and it stopped working.
I contacted Tectronics (?), and was told that it was probably a few bad
diods (?), and they gave me the numbers of the chips.
I picked up the chips, and had a guy at work install them. Has worked
fine since. I got the unit used, and don't know how old
it was when I got it.

       Ed

--

Every Day In Every Way,
I Love My Bandit More And More

Bandit 1200 10.64 @130 Head FINALLY off
1987 GN 127,000 Miles 12.99 ET 105.69 MPH
STOLEN FROM ME 02/15/2001

Edward J. Malkiewicz
Las Vegas, Nevada
krazyed at worldnet.att.net