3.4 dohc o2 sensor and spark plugs

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue May 1 00:24:47 GMT 2001

Yep.  GM moved to chains late in the life of the engine, but most of 'em had a
steel lower gear and a fiber upper gear.  When the fiber gear wears, it knocks
really badly.  Right before the gear fails, the knock is at its worst.

The GM Performance Parts book lists a steel gearset.  I think I'd try one of those
if I were to own another 2.5.  BTW, you should see some of the things that have
been done with the super duty 2.5.

Shannen