dyno stuff

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Wed May 2 14:31:55 GMT 2001

Thought I'd run this past the collective,

Here's the story:
We've got a Maha Chassis dyno, built by the boys in Germany--totally digital
machine. My torque numbers always seem so high compared to my HP
numbers--but maybe this is why. I can't get anything close to what a DynoJet
or Mustang, etc...shows for torque.

Let's say the engine outputs 200 ftlbs torque at the crankshaft at a given
RPM. Why would you see a similar number at the wheels when the
"differential" multiplies the torque ? You shouldn't right ?? I've had
numbers as high as 1774 ft/lbs on a low 11 sec car, but HP numbers around
420. How did they do their calcs ? At this point, I'm the only one in Canada
with this dyno...and nobody can give me answers.

Lyndon