3.4L DOHC PROM #16181397 to fix stalling problem

Bob Currey bcurrey at mediaone.net
Wed May 2 15:35:04 GMT 2001

In the original post I found,

http://www.clubgp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6358004&FORUM_ID=8&CAT_ID=2&T
opic_Title=3%2E4+stalling+problem&Forum_Title=1988+%2D+1996+Grand+Prix%27s

     it said there was a TSB on this, but no reference to it was given, so I
have no knowledge of any other stuff it might have said.  Do you know where
I could find it?  The guy I found had the same problem as me (stalling when
clutched and rolling) and the PROM fixed it.  I wasn't aware of the other
things you mentioned.  The stalling started after I had a timing belt and UD
pulley put on.  Idle relearn type procedures have had no effect.  I once had
problems where it idled high.  We solved it by running it in diagnostic
mode.  No clue why that worked.

BTW, if anyone is in the Chicago area that can read the PROM and knows how
to swap it, if I get it, I wouldn't mind getting the code from it to compare
with the original and posting it.  If I can lose the stalling for $75, I'll
be real happy.

BobC