Hiway747 works!(A little EFI content)

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu May 3 02:46:36 GMT 2001

In a message dated 04/30/2001 11:18:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

<< There probably would be alot more information given freely around here, if
 so many folks didn't capitialise on the work of others.    Some guys just
 happen to like learning the code end of things, and do it for grins,  but
 just hate seeing someone else cash in on their work.

 So many folks are just taking for granted what took others many many hours
 of mind numbing work to sort out.

 While there are some questions that go unanswered, they are alot fewer then
 in years past, and NOONE knows it all. >>

OK, When you put it like this, I think I can see your point. If I worked for
say a month solid on a certain project and found out by accident that my
project was being sold by someone else, I think I too would get miffed. But,
is it wrong to charge someone who wants an EFI system, doesn't want to do it
themselves, and doesn't have the time either, and wants the best EFI around
for their favorite vehicle? I enjoy helping others get EFI on their cars, but
I can't do it for free. I don't charge anywhere near what Howell and other's
are charging. I guess the tone of my first website about tpi systems was a
little greedy, but I thought I was helping without giving away all my
capabilites. Even you say in Prog 101 that you cant give way all your secrets
because you "have to keep an edge".

So let me suggest a compromise. I'll openly publish everyhting I have to date
on the GM ECM site by uploading my html on incoming or whereever Steve Ravet
wants it. I'll also add an introduction to my "commercial site" telling where
anyone can find out how to do everything I can do. then if they still want me
to do it, I'll do the labor to build them a kit, tbi or tpi. I'll also keep
updating the GM EFI tuning site to add the rest of the fuel tuning section
and the spark timing section. I can't do it right away, but given enough
time, I'll finish it. If this still doesn't meet with you guys approval, I'll
go find another hobby to throw money at withuot expecting any to bounce back
to me. JW