two ECMs or WHAT

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu May 3 22:25:58 GMT 2001

1228322 is the ecm.  The part inside sounds like the memcal.

1228784 is most likely the bcm, body control module.  It handles serial
communications for dash, a/c, airbag, and other components.  Bcm's often control
hvac systems, diagnostics, interior and exterior lighting jobs, keyless entry, and
more non powertrain related components.

The engine calibration data will be in the memcal with the ecm.

Shannen