GMECM Digest V2 #933

Dig turbodig at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 05:21:41 GMT 2001

----------------
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 20:46:26 -0400
From: rr <RRauscher at nni.com>
Subject: diy egor jitter

Not long ago somebody referring to their EGOR system
spoke
about the output moving about a bit (jitter). I
recently discovered
a sensor that did the same thing. It appears that the
resistence of
the pump cell varies on a sensor-to-sensor basis.

That was me, probably. If you're interested in seeing
what it's doing:

The one running the lag filter:
http://www.cableone.net/digware/filt02.jpg

(That's zero2 not o2)

The raw data:
http://www.cableone.net/digware/unfilto2.jpg

(o2, not zero 2)

Also the Diacom GDFs are there too:
WBTEST2.gdf
FILTW01.gdf

This is in a '91 Syclone running BBZB, with WB
acquistion code. :)

No factory o2 was installed at the time, this was
running open loop. Also, very lean, I had a BLM
of 168 when I re-connected the stock o2.

---------------------------------------

By increasing the capacitance (slowing the loop) of
C9, from 0.1uf
to 0.22uf, the loop stabilized.

I looked for your email & could not find it. Anyone
that has a
jittering

output may want to try this. On a built circuit you
can just add
another

0.1uf cap in parallel with the one already there.
Would anyone having
the jitter prob & trying this get back to the list?
Thanks.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow AM... With and without
filtering. Mine's a commercial NTK, so I don't know
how it'll map to a DIY EGOR, but it should be inter-
esting, nonetheless.

Thanks for the tip!

Later,

Dig