more 7747 questions

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon May 7 07:53:16 GMT 2001

"Gregory A. Parmer" wrote:

> Does anyone know in the 7747:
> 3) netres (proper term? probably not) values...I've seen the cyl select
>    ones, but do we have ideas about the others?  Is it time for trial
>    and error with a multimeter?  It'd be worthwhile to have minimal
>    control over limp-home mode.

The 747 netres doesn't have a cylinder select.  The 747 is a dual TBI
ECM and that's it.  Being TBI, the hardware doesn't care about the
number of cylinders.  The 747 netres (aka CALPAK 'cuase it's seperate)
has three resistor/jumper based on/off items: one to let the CPU
software detect a missing CALPAK, one to disable the limp-home circuit
when the CALPAK is missing, and one to configure how the second P&H
output is controlled.