Current load of Injector driver

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Mon May 7 15:11:25 GMT 2001

At 07:15 PM 5/4/01 -0400, you wrote:

>TPI is just a trade name GM uses.
>Port FI covers all but TBI.
>
>If you mean run say a 2 barrel TBI with a TPI ecm, then the answer is yes.
>The best being a 1227749
>Bruce
>
>> Is there any reason why I could not use a TPI ECM for PFI with external
>> drivers?
>> Ron

I must be getting tired, I meant to type "Is there any reason why I could
not use a TBI ECM for PFI with external drivers?"

I am converting an engine that was never made in a EFI version from the
present carbs and I am still deciding on TBI or PFI.  I am leaning towards
PFI using the carbs with an added TPS as the throttle body and modifying
the manifold for 4 injectors.  I am trying to decide on which ECM would be
the best choice for "hackability" since stock maps probably are too far off
for this unusual engine.

Thanks

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH