Australian VATS

Dave bigg at adam.com.au
Wed May 9 00:48:55 GMT 2001

Myself and another person have just completed a VT V6 motor conversion into
a VK commodore.  We ran into the same problem that you have.  Aparentley the
VT setup is NOT the same as VS as the PCM communicates with the BCM
therefore making them a matched set. So just removing the VATS from the
memcal doesn't make it work.  Something inside the PCM has to be changed too
(with Tech2 maybe??).  The other problem you have is that the BCM controls
the cooling fan, nothing too major though, just create an external cooling
module for fan.  The VATS removal for the VT was getting too hard for me
with the small amount of knowledge I have.  We ended up going to 'Awsome
Automotive' here in South Australia and gave them both memcal AND computer
to modify.  The cost for us was $450 Aus.

Anyone have an Idea on what would have been changed in the PCM?

Dave.

>Apparently it just disables the fuel pump (don't quote me on this!)
rewiring