'7747

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Wed May 9 22:12:44 GMT 2001

Hi guys, I'm new to the list - I've talked to Bruce a few times in private
and I decided to join up here and ask my questions so I wouldn't bug him as
much. :)

I've got a few simple (I hope) questions about the '7747 that I'm hoping you
guys can answer. I've been reading the schematics (of the '8746, which is
supposed to be similar?) on Ludis' website and checking out all the inputs
and outputs, comparing them to the pinout page. I wanted to know what some
of them are;

1. C8;PSPS - what the heck is this? (Power steering?) What does it do? How
does it work? (It's labelled as an input..)
2. A2;A2OUT - listed elsewhere as "A/C Control" .. how is this wired in with
the A/C? What does it do? Are you supposed to wire your A/C switch into the
ECM, and the ECM to the compressor (so the ECM controls the compressor?) I'm
only assuming that it cuts the compressor off at higher throttle settings so
you get more power? (y/n?)
3. C2;SELECT - I'm hoping/assuming that this is the A.I.R. select valve;
meant to select between the cat and the header injectors.. am I wrong? Is
there anything special to enable this or does it just "work"?
4. C1;DIVERT - Same as above, but to divert air from the SELECT valve to the
air cleaner (during deceleration, so you don't get backfires) Correct?
(y/n?)
5. A3;CAN - Cannister purge?
6. B6;VATS - is it even used on the '7747?
7. C12;MAT - Manifold air temp.. is it used either?
8. B9;B9IN - What is this for? Says "Not used" on the pinout schematic.

I appreciate any and all answers!

Ken