gm ecm/Carb Question

James Melton oldmadog at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 15:59:33 GMT 2001

I have a 85 or so firebird  305 quadro jet that i have been having trouble
starting and a Camaro 350 with the same carb which is way to rich (not
caused by the choke). The firebird is getting good fuel at the carb, and the
engine has good spark. I am not getting fuel into the carb throat.
My question:  Can the enrichment solenoid  stop the flow of fuel from the
float? Can the ECM turn off the fuel? I took one of these carbs apart ONCE.
I dont learn easy, but wouldnt do that again. :-)  I am  going to convert
this firebird to TBI and have already received a lot of help from the list
on that.  I dont want to spend much on getting the car to run and my
daughter would like to use it until i can get to the conversion later this
summer.
I dont know much about cars yet, but like to work on them as a hobby.  Well,
a hobby that has been taking more and more of my time.
I am glad to see some of the new members of the list ask their questions
although we probably try the patience of you older vets of the list.  I
found the archive very hard to use, but have been searching it when i have
the time.

Thanks in advance

oldmadog