ECM Rev Limiters

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sun May 13 08:50:09 GMT 2001

Hi All,

Well I hit the Rev Limiter in my car the otherday (for the first time),
which to my surprise is quite different to what I expected.
I thought it would be like a Champ car's 'dt.dt.dt.dt.dt' type thing coming
down pit lane (know what I mean?) , but the engine basically died for a good
1/2 second then refired.
I've looked at the cals and the RPM cut High/Low limits are only 100RPM
apart (factory spec).
What has everybody's experiences been here, what would be the result if I
reduced this to say a 50 or 25 RPM difference to reduce the 'embarrassing
way it works now.

Thanks,
Ross Myers