'7730 and TBI?!? (CrossFire/2bbl TBI conversion?)

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Mon May 14 03:31:45 GMT 2001

I've been poking around on Ludis' crossreferences and noticed where the
'7730 was used for a couple of years with TBI. However, it's listed as a L4
TBI, not V6 or V8. (I assume in that case, that it's a single-barrel TBI.)
Still, it's using the old TBI style injector with the lower impedance.

Could a '7730 be adapted to a CrossFire or 2bbl TBI setup?

One of my reasons being better control over the engine; obviously rewiring
would be a little more complex than a '7747, but not by any large margin.
The other main reason being that it spits out 8192 baud data (widely
supported) as opposed to the slower 160 baud.

Any thoughts, or should I just drop the idea?

"The Third" Ken (Kelly) ..