'7730 and TBI?!? (CrossFire/2bbl TBI conversion?)

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon May 14 10:21:30 GMT 2001

Ken Kelly wrote:

> Could a '7730 be adapted to a CrossFire or 2bbl TBI setup?
>
> One of my reasons being better control over the engine; obviously rewiring
> would be a little more complex than a '7747, but not by any large margin.
> The other main reason being that it spits out 8192 baud data (widely
> supported) as opposed to the slower 160 baud.

Not the '7730, but the '7749 (or its successor, the 1228707) might be
able to run a 2bbl TBI (or CrossFire).  I don't know what you'd use for
software.  Maybe the 1bbl TBI '7730 code could be patched, but that's
treading in an area without much list knowledge.

You'll probably find that the '7747 data stream is more widely supported
than most 8192 baud data streams.  Not all 8192 data streams are
identical - you may have to make your own scan tool.