limp 7730

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon May 14 10:31:27 GMT 2001

Fisystems at aol.com wrote:

> Right, but to funny thing or not so funny is if I leave the power on and just
> hit the crank button it will start in the limp mode every time. I have
> checked the power wires while it's running and cranking and everything looks
> OK. Remember after it starts its fine. No codes and makes good power.
>
> Ign 12v           A6

I assume this is your switched input

> Grd               A12

OK

> Batt 12v         B1 moved to A6

"B1 moved to A6"  Huh?  B1 and C16 are internally connected.  These
should be your non-switched power.

> Fuel pump     E13

An input to the ECM - the ECM uses it to measure the voltage after the
fuel pump relay.

> Batt              C16

OK

> Grd                D1

OK

> Grd                D6
> Grd                D7

OK - you're using saturated type injectors, right?

> There are a few wires in the ECM plug that I cannot identify
> A3 RED ??

An input with signal processing the same as the TPS.  This could be any
sort of potentiometer type sensor.

> A9 ??

Internally wired to A8 - the ALDL data line.

> C4 ??

Active high (12v) fan request (if used).