LT5 DIS was Re: How does a DIS

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 04:42:07 GMT 2001

I have an LS1 bank (the other one is still @ the Vette shop) that I am using
for the experiment that I have going here.  I think that the CNP is the way
to go as the coils have the igniters in them but you also have the added
head ache of having to have a #1 cyl indicator.  I have an opto pickup in my
91 F-body distributor that I am going to see if it is going to work.  I
don't see any reason why it wont.  but a much more simple & probably more
robust design would be a Waste spark but now I have to deal with the added
complexity (& expense) of coil drivers.  plus the COOL factor of CNP, is
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there with CNP.

BW