is it gonna fit?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu May 17 04:43:30 GMT 2001

The 88 truck would have a THM400 or 4L60.  You would need to score a newer model
truck for the 4L80E.

4L60 transmissions after 86 are generally stronger, but definitely try to get some
idea as to the condition of the fluid and miles on the trans before buying.  Truck
transmissions tend to get worked harder.  But you know that.  The ecm would be our
friend and brother, the 7747.  But the 7747 really likes to be a tbi ecm.  TPI is
better run with a tpi ecm, and since you're not worried about controlling a 4L80E,
you can use the 727/730 sd tpi ecm.

Fwiw, ymmv, hth.

cya.

I mean, see ya.