is it gonna fit?

Jake Kooser jake_k at attglobal.net
Thu May 17 04:12:52 GMT 2001

Somebody here in South Florida was kind enough to roll their 88 3/4 ton 4X4
PU and now is parting it out.  I've got an '85 suburban 3/4 ton 4X4 and I
want to swap my TH400 trans for a 4L80E if I can.  Does anybody here know if
that truck would have that trans, or would it be the 700R4 still?  If it's
the 700R4, isn't this after the "fixes" to the early model 700R4 problems?
Should I get the transfer case too?  What else would I need to score to
control the transmission (assuming 4L80), ECM guys?  And finally, what ECM
would be in this truck, and could it be taught to control a Tuned Port
engine?

Sorry for the geyser 'O' stupid questions, but just the possibility is like
winning the lottery here.  Big Sub like gasoline just a little too much...
Especially after coming from an air-cooled VW.

Jake Kooser