EGOR Output Signal Survey

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu May 24 21:52:19 GMT 2001

Last night I tested the new LED bar graph display
I mention earlier.  It could be one of the EGOR
output options.  Looks just like expected.

It starts with stoich 14.57:1 in the center, LEDS all
off.  If the mixture goes lean, a red bar of LEDS starts
growing to the left; for rich a green bar grows to the
right (you can use your own colors).  The movement
of the bar is directly proportional to fuel across the
entire scale.  Damping as required is an option.

This display tells where you are at a glance, no
need to read numbers.  The length of the bar tells
how far you are from stoich, and the color tells you
in which direction.  The basic unit uses 40 LEDs
(3 are off scale), but a 20 LED version can easily
be built too.  Mounting it a few feet away won't
affect accuracy much since the input is
differential.  It runs right off the NTK Vout.

Hoping to use it on an engine this weekend.

Bruce Roe