2.5L Iron Duke MPFI conversion.

Joe Scruggs TA81Joe at home.com
Sat May 26 15:29:17 GMT 2001

I still have an article about his work in an old magazine and it says
nothing about a mopar engine.  I'll try to dig it up to make sure.  In the
article and pictures I saw, he used a '79 Pontiac Sunbird with a 151.  He
made 2 hp per c.i. and over 50 mpg with his testing.  His intent was not to
make mega-hp V-8's but to get more hp out of smaller engines.  He claimed
there should be kits for the 151 within a year.  Well it so happened that I
had the same engine and same car -- I couldn't wait.  But nothing came out
and it was years before I ever heard anything again.  It turned out that he
sold the rights to his work to GM not too long after the articles came out,
but he had a condition -- GM had to implement it within a certain time
period.  GM was supposed to put it in a small truck (S-10, I assume), but it
obviously didn't happen.  Supposedly, Smokey was suing GM over this, but I
don't know anything about it after that.  I haven't heard anything else.

Still, I wonder if a similar concept could be used with injectors?

Joe