730 rev limit

Zacek DenniS bowtye8 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 13:43:26 GMT 2001

I did the 870 to 7730 conversion and swapped in a
solid roller this past winter to shoot for a 7000 rpm
shift.
No problem.  I have a 7000 MSD pill and the 7730 is
set ot somthing like 9999rev fuel cutoff.

Actually I would like to know if the 7730 will rev
past 7200. I know of a few guys running 93 LT1 factory
ecm's (9278-I think)  They are both hitting a 7200
barrier. Both motors are built for 7500+,have after
market ignition(eltro motive)
My lower end is not that strong to try for 7400 /

Dennis
--- Dave Zug <dzug at delanet.com> wrote:
> I've re-subbed.. is everyone here or are we still
> recovering?
>
> I'm having some wierd stuff happening here with a
> '730 running AUJP. The
> motor.. which has a rev-kit, lightweight valvetrain
> components and 130#
> springs is cutting power at about 6300 - 6400 RPM.
>
> fuel is good, spark is good, ..,..,..  there is NO
> rev limit set..we've
> checked or replaced many things on this motor to no
> avail. We've SCOPED the
> injector signal (dual-fire TPI V-8 car) and the
> results are sketchy there..
> need to do it again.. looked like the signal locked
> to ground for a bit in
> ONE test and was fine in another.
>
> I'm wondering if the backup logic on the netres is
> failing when it sees HIGH
> RPM.
>
> anyone have any clues??
>
> ANYONE USING THE 730 to rev to 7000 rpm please let
> me know that it is
> possible.  Thanks.
>

> PS.. ANHT HAC rev limit comments need a bit of
> help.. the limits are based
> on DRP's, and higher values mean lower RPM limits.
> I'm sure you all got
> this but there it is again.

> (without the quotes)
> majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org