730 rev limit

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun May 27 07:43:02 GMT 2001

I've re-subbed.. is everyone here or are we still recovering?

I'm having some wierd stuff happening here with a '730 running AUJP. The
motor.. which has a rev-kit, lightweight valvetrain components and 130#
springs is cutting power at about 6300 - 6400 RPM.

fuel is good, spark is good, ..,..,..  there is NO rev limit set..we've
checked or replaced many things on this motor to no avail. We've SCOPED the
injector signal (dual-fire TPI V-8 car) and the results are sketchy there..
need to do it again.. looked like the signal locked to ground for a bit in
ONE test and was fine in another.

I'm wondering if the backup logic on the netres is failing when it sees HIGH
RPM.

anyone have any clues??

ANYONE USING THE 730 to rev to 7000 rpm please let me know that it is
possible.  Thanks.

PS.. ANHT HAC rev limit comments need a bit of help.. the limits are based
on DRP's, and higher values mean lower RPM limits.  I'm sure you all got
this but there it is again.