Tacho on DFI

Dave bigg at adam.com.au
Mon May 28 14:17:46 GMT 2001

G'day all, I was wondering if it is possible to put an analog tacho on a
motor running a distributerless ignition?
I would like to put an Autometer Tacho on my VN Commodore which is running a
DFI module.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think my car's tacho wire is giving me a
digital signal (frequency change), where as a std points/coil setup gives an
analog signal (Voltage change).  Would this mean that I would require some
sort of D/A converter to run  this tacho?
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks,

Dave