EGOR testing

Dig turbodig at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 15:28:09 GMT 2001

-------------
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 18:05:00 -0500
From: bcroe at juno.com
Subject: EGOR testing

Its a pretty crummy day in Chicago, but I went out
and looked for the best place to screw in the probe
on my new EGOR box.  None of my cars seemed
suitable at the exhaust manifold without some mods,
so I pulled out some pictures of a tailpipe probe from
last June.  I guess the quickest way is to make "one
of those".  I don't have it done yet, but the weekend
isn't over.  The VCR can take care of the 500 for me.
------------

I've got a couple of the "butt sniffer" pipes... man,
you get funny looks at the track with that sticking
out of your tailpipe.

Even made one "no welding required" version, out of
trans cooler install kit parts, a metric nut, and
some of that two-part kneadable epoxy. Extra Rube
Goldberg points for me! :)
---------------

There is proving in to do, but I hope that won't
involve
major changes.  The whole thing including a 40 LED
display, free air calibration switch, and Rcal probe
compensation circuit is about 4" by 5 1/2".

I would eventually like to have a few more of these,
and maybe without all this hand wiring again.  I
wonder who might want to crank out a circuit board
when there is a proved in version, it looks like 4
layers
to me.  With resistors on end and dips, size should be

about the same.

Do we have a layout, or does that still need to be
done? I've got a couple potential places to get 'em
done, they're $33 for a 6x6 two-layer, in quantities
of 10. Hafta get a quote on the 4-layer 4x6, but I
suspect it would only be marginally more.

Later,

Dig
turbodig at yahoo.com