Change oil soon (& then some)

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 00:10:21 GMT 2001

Thanks to all.  I just changed the oil & when I went to check the manual
(yes I am one of those who do read the parts that are important to me), to
see how much oil it was going to take there were about 600 warnings to use
only 10-30 (or 0-30 for those of you in the colder places) Motor oil & to
"NOT USE OTHER GRADES SUCH AS 20-50".  What gives?  am I so out to lunch
that I have missed something in motor oil technology?  Mind you this was a
20 year step up for me (had a 78 Turbo Regal), so now you know where I am
coming from.

Thanks again
BW