Getting wet feet....junkyard TBI

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Wed May 30 22:11:46 GMT 2001

In a message dated 5/30/2001 2:17:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bob at tecmark.com writes:

<< Can you prove that it doesn't on a AMC dist, without a Butt-O-Meter as the
 test device?    And then prove that it *still* doesn't with a GM HEI, as
 the original poster is using?    >>

I can tell you that it doesn't seem to effect my truck and thats all I care
to say about it. I'm the one running my trucks this way, so I think I've
proved what I said. If you want to dispute what I claim, then back up your
comments with some positive proof that the springs alone can't keep the rotor
gizmo from out running the distributor shaft gizmo during deceleration or any
other time.

As a possible compromise, you could drill a hole down thru both gizmos and
then wire the two together to prevent relative movement. This would allow you
to reverse the mod and put it back to mechanical advance if you wanted to,
which I have had the need to do on occasion to verify that the timing was not
the problem on a troublesome truck of mine. JW