No error codes with my EProm

Keith Lund keithl at redrocksw.com
Tue Sep 4 21:16:47 GMT 2001

I have a 1227730 ECM in a 81 vette.  I do not have the VATS hardware so
order a stock 91 vette eprom (16159800), turned the VATS bit off, updated
the checksum and installed the new chip.  The engine runs, but my eprom
will not flash out the error codes.  If I install the stock eprom the
codes flash out, but of course it complains about VATS.  I have verified
my eprom and it has the contents I want.  Does anyone know why one chip
would flash out codes and the other not?

TIA very much.

Keith

Curious:  I was wondering what that small circuit board next to the eprom
is/does.