Idle too high. How do I adjust

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Thu Sep 6 03:04:38 GMT 2001

> so, I do not have it connected to anything. Are you thinking this effects
> upper rpm or idle? I dont have the gear selector connected either. Isnt this
> a neutral/park indicator? Could the VSS limit the rpm to 4200?

No VSS=Idle trouble, mostly. Wouldn't think VSS would limit RPM, but I
would try switching the neutral/park pin briefly to see if that had an
effect. If you set it to "Drive" and there's no VSS it'll set a code
eventually, but it'd be a worthwhile test on the 4200 RPM question.

Disabling IAC completely isn't such a bad option probably, for a
boat...tho a RNDL switch helping to control idle would make a nice touch.

-greg