Idle too high. How do I adjust

ZZZ Temp-Gold Temp-Gold at HighlandsIns.com
Wed Sep 5 17:57:11 GMT 2001

Im not up on all the lingo, but Im assuming the VSS is the speed sensor. If
so, I do not have it connected to anything. Are you thinking this effects
upper rpm or idle? I dont have the gear selector connected either. Isnt this
a neutral/park indicator? Could the VSS limit the rpm to 4200?

As far as the ecm and the elements. I realize its a risk, but I use my boat
on a fresh water only and generally for a few hours at a time and is kept in
dry storage. I did enclose the ecm in an aluminum box and packaged it in
styrofoam. Its not water tight, but put in a place that should stay dry. I
realize its a risk, but I thought Id give it a try.

For those interested in the conversion, it was a straight bolt in, other
than having to mount the o2 sensor in one of the manifolds and the electric
pump/return line.