sealing an ECM ?

AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 07:47:23 GMT 2001

In a message dated 9/4/2001 3:17:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sabatine at epix.net writes:

     Was making reference here to the potential  of sealing in moisture,
     [ trapped in ] , under the protective coating . Properly sealed PCBs
     require no additional "features" , IMO.
     Len

    When I have had a complex electrical device (often complicated by wiring
and plugs) I have found it much easier to build a slightly larger simpler
container and put the object to be "Water Proofed" IN this container making
it much simpler to not only water proof it, but also a lot easier to
determine the integrity of the seal. Secondly, a small porous bag (like
cloth) with a bit of activated charcoal (or similar) wrapped in it for a
desicant/chemical absorber also adds a bit of security. Remove the hard
plastic plug(s), drill an adequate size hole, add a grommet, then insert the
wires, reattach them to plug, then u can seal the grommet to the wires with
clear aquarium (or similar) silicon and BAMM!! Your done!!
   Justin