problems with Diacom and LT1

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Sep 9 14:47:41 GMT 2001

Ya, Vette comms can be a problem if the scantool tries to talk to a nonexistent
ccm.  But this particular laptop software doesn't distinguish between body
styles.  In fact the versions I've seen don't even care what the VIN number is,
only the year and engine codes.

So I'd agree that a good test is to try and connect with another scantool.  And
not another laptop running the same software, but something commercial and
trusted by its owner.  If that test fails, begin with the factory service manual
chart for "no aldl data."  You'll end up checking to make sure the serial data
wire is connected, isn't shorted to ground or power, that the ecm will go into
diagnostics & etc.

Shannen