wb lcd display

Darrell N. darrelln at datalog.ab.ca
Mon Sep 10 18:30:49 GMT 2001

Bill Shaw wrote:

> While waiting for my DIY-WB I started thinking about a
> display for it.
> I need help in a few areas:
>
> 1)  I need someone(s) to review the schematics for technical
> correctness before it goes to layout.

Can't help you there.  It looks OK to me, but I'm not that familiar with
either PICs or the display you are using.

> 2)  I need a robust 12V to 5V power supply for it.

Use a National LM2931 or similar regulator, it is designed for automotive
applications and can handle load dump, reverse polarity, short circuits,
just about everything you can throw at it.  Get rid of your ferrite beads
and put in few hundred uH power inductor in series with the input.  A
couple of honkin caps and possibly a MOV or Tranzorb across the input
and you should have it handled.

> 3)  I need someone to do the PCB layout.

That I may be able to handle, if there's demand for the display board on
the list.

> Yell if you can't print the EPS file and I'll see if I can
> get it to you in another format.

My Adobe Acrobat converted this file into a PDF.  Let me know if you
want me to upload the PDF to incoming.

darrell n
Calgary, Alberta, Canada