SES Lamp driver question

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 01:59:33 GMT 2001

In a message dated 09/12/2001 9:24:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jwvess00 at home.com writes:

<< The CCC cars have a "Lamp Driver Module" that connects the ECM to the lamp.
  The lamp is tied to +12VDC.  As far as I can tell, the CCC ECM grounds the
 SES lamp signal to the lamp driver module to light it.  >>

   I'm not sure what color the wire was, but when we did the TPI swap in my
SS (which was CCC-powered), we ran the ECM lead (Pin A5 on my new ECM) for
the SES, to the power wire on the Lamp Driver Module.  The light has worked
properly for a year already.  If needed, I can poke around behind the
glovebox tomorrow and find the wire.

         HTH,
            Steve Ragusa
             North Jersey