PCB's

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sat Sep 22 15:48:41 GMT 2001

Well, without going into the low cost of ~$3.15 a board. How would I
go about releasing artwork? Gerber files? An old version of Orcad was
used that creates obsolete file formats that fabs can't even use. Or scan
the films and post them as gif's or jpg's? The problem then becomes
getting a scan good enough that they can be reproduced. Then there is
the scaling and aspect ratio problems. Then it is a double sided board.
This creates additional problems when it comes time to align the two sides
for masking.

Then again this is diy, can either do your own artwork or even do a perf
boarded version. Nothing wrong with a perf boarded version. I did that
to finalize, test and prove out the design before it was released. I really
am finding it difficult to understand the problem after all the effort that has
already been put into this project.

BobR.