Idle and the idle VE table

Ben sappyse107 at gmforums.com
Mon Sep 24 22:24:09 GMT 2001

I have a different cam in there now, and larger injectors and ported
manifolds and heads.  I have the BLM locked at 128 because of what I read in
one of the FAQ or tuning tips.  I guess if 128 isn't what im looking for, i
have no idea where to start.

Idle sounds normal, the car drives fine actually its just not any better
than the stock chip minus the tolerance now for the larger injectors.  The
whole reason I thought there was a problem at idle was because the INT would
increase to about 156 normally, and sit there.  There was nothing I could do
to lower it, and everything seemed to just make it go up faster and higher.

I guess ill read over the FAQ and tuning tips again and see if I missed
anything.  Im trying to get my fuel economy back for normal driving, and to
get the WOT performance to be at its best.  If I don't really need the chip
to be dead on for 128 everywhere, I guess I can fix the few areas that are
in the 140s and 110s for INT (BLM 128) and go from there.

I do have one other question, aside from the EGR, is there anything else I
should turn off or change to make tuning a lot easier?  Thanks for your
help,

Ben

Ben