TBI on blown small-block?

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Tue Sep 25 19:54:00 GMT 2001

> From: Bruce [mailto:nacelp at bright.net]
> Subject: Re: TBI on blown small-block?
>

> If Whipple listened to his engineers, he may have gotten to
> have a decent
> product.   It seems that they never did get the cals right or
> they would
> have sold alot of the kits.   In other words they didn't get the fuel
> management right.

And that's what worries me about this potential project;)  Thanks for the
info, Bruce.  I've never seen a Whipple TBI install up close (heck, I think
I was barely out of junior high when they came out), so I don't have a clue
about their method of sensing MAP and providing PE.  It seems like a neat
way of doing a pressurized TBI system, but I'm scared that there's a big
unknown lurking out there.

Anyone out there have knowledge of these systems?  I'd be happy to learn the
*wrong* way of doing this, just to know what not to do.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.bryantperformance.com