Idle and the idle VE table

Ben sappyse107 at gmforums.com
Tue Sep 25 20:46:51 GMT 2001

I have already changed the Base VE table, and the RPM vs MAP VE table to get
the BLMs between 125 and 133.  I set the max and min BLM to 128 so the
integrator would be the only part moving, so I could start tuning to get the
int near 126-130, though in the end im looking to have everything in the
125-127 BLM range so im going at it the slow way.

I also found that on an automatic 3.1, the manual tranny spark table give
the car more throttle response, and it was a bit quicker on a completely
stock 3.1 (have a friend with a lumina).  Had to keeep the 800 RPM and below
auto tranny spark table though for idle.  So thats the other real change I
have.

I have changed the IDLE VE table, all and parts to extremes with no success,
ive changed the base VE table at 0-800 RPM (cut it in half even) with no
change.  I can get the INT to go up at idle, but not down.

After working on a stock 3.1, I know now that my MAP sensor doesn't see
nearly the type of changes a stock 3.1 has, due to the cam.  I idle at .45
when stock is at .30.  Stock BLM is 105-111 as well.  My injectors played
quite a role in the VE table though so I don't think stock anything will
help me figure it out.  Should I put the stock injectors back in for now to
get an idea of the fuel table with one less variable and then swap and go
from there?

Ben