Aussi VL Commodore info

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Sep 26 02:42:25 GMT 2001

Well, they got ripped off if he said he reprogrammed it. There is
no flash memory or anything that can be reprogrammed in it.
There is RAM which is kept alive at all times by the main car battery.
You would be right in saying that all he did was unplug it overnight.
You don't even have to go that far. Simply disconnect the battery
for a while and you'll acheive the same effect. Technically this may
be called "reprogramming" since it clears the RAM but it's pushing
the envelope if you ask me...

I have never heard of a VL not running because it had learnt some
bad parameters. Perhaps they also reset the timing too. The number
of cars I have seen with their base timing set to 0 degrees is crazy.
Some mechanics just don't seem to know sometimes.

How much were they charged?

Christian